Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mumble and the Heart Song

Good morning,

I haven't got a lot of time because I have to leave for play practice in less than an hour and I still have to do my hair and when my hair is wet and tangly like it is now it take a few minutes.haha. Anywho, O took my sister Alyssa, my little brother Kaleb and our cousin Hannah to the movies yesterday. And what did we see, none other than HAPPY FEET!!!! Yes I am a big Kid and I love all animated movies. I am a disney dork and I will admit. After all Disney is one of my favorite places on Earth. While I was watching Happy Feet it made me think of a quote that I had found and written in my journal of my favorite quotes and verses.

To love a person is to learn the song that's in thier heart and send it to them when they have forgotten.

I have no idea who wrote this quote but I do know that it holds great importance. See in the movie a little penguin is born his name is Mumble, and Mumble is different. The penguins in the movie find thier mate by singing to each other, you sing your heart song and then when you find the person who likes your heart song that is your mate. Well you find out early on in the film that Mumble can't sing. All the kids except for Gloria laugh at him and they tell him he isn't a penguin if he can't sing. It's very sad and I hope that I can never be like that to the people that are around me. In the end though Mumbles "happy feet" as they are refered too helped to save all the penguins.

This also put some thoughts about my sister into my head. I think each of us have a heart song, A song that is sung would tell our inner most fears and secrets. Though personally I think mine would be something funny and not very serious. But anyway. I love Manthania just as much as I love Alyssa and Kaleb and I have yet to meet her. I know that if Kaleb and Alyssa get hurt or lose themselves for a moment I want to help them gain back thier heart song. I know that when Manthania get here there will be struggles for her, but I hope that song that is in her right now in the "O" I hope that it can stay because that is who she is, and if she ever loses it I hope that I can help her find it and make it even better. Of course she isn't the only one coming to Indiana and I hope that each day I see Jonas, Noah, Steven, Angela, and Glory that I can help them keep thier heart song because it is theirs and it will change with them but there will always be a piece of it tied into there lives at the "O".

I can't wait I leave two weeks from yesterday to go to the "O" and meet all the children there. My heart song has truly changed because of these children.

4 comments:

angela said...

hey, bethany, this is you-you! i just found your blog on kristina's page; i'm so excited that you're coming.
i keep telling matu that you're coming but i don't think she understands that at all! anyhow, it will be so great!

Angela said...

I just went and saw this movie last night. I loved it. I totally agree with you. We all have a heart song. It's sad when you feel you have to fit the mold to fit in with everyone else. I pray I will encourage not only my children, but my friends and family to be themselves and sing or dance their heart song. There is not a mold. God created us all unique and we are wise to appreciate each others differences and encourage one another!! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Dido Angela's comment. God created us equal not identical. I can't wait to see you with Manthania!!

Kristina said...

Bethany,
I sit reading your blog and cry. Do you realize I first met you when you were 5 years old? And now you are a beautiful competant woman!
I think with each new experience we go thru our heart song doesn't change so much as a new dimension is added to it!
And the heart song of a family is the sweetest sound! I can't wait to add Jonas and Manthania's part to our family's syphony (sp?)
I love you and I'm soooo proud of you!