Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Start


A blog.... The one place I can tell everyone what is going on in my life. So I'll start telling you all who I am.


My name is Bethany Burnett and I am 18 almost 19 years old. I go to Ivy Tech and am studing to be a preschool teacher. I go to Point Township Church of the Nazarene. I have always been very involved in my youth group and through that I have meet many teens through out southwest Indiana. All my life I have known that God had a plan for me and my life I just never knew exactly what it would be. As a kid I always wanted to do something with music but last year when it was time to decide what college to go to and what to declare as my major I had no idea what God wanted me to do. I prayed long and hard about it but still no answer came. I was so upset I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong not to get an answer. Now I know that it wasn't that I was doing something wrong it was that I wasn't supposed to find out until this school year started. Actually the journey began when my mom and sister commited to going to Haiti with Michelle Cundiff. So in June they packed thier bags and they went to Haiti to spend a week in an Orphanage. While they were there I was with the southwest Indiana district Nazarene Impact Chior. I was still praying for God's Guidance. It wasn't until three weeks after that when I first got to see my mom and my sister for the first time since they got back from the states. When talking to my sister that night she told me that she had read moms journal while they were in Arizona and that in almost every entry Mom mentioned a little girl named Manthania, she was at the "O" they had visited. Needless to say the next day Alyssa (thats my sister) and I had already decided that Manthania was no doubt going to be our little sister. A week later Mom and Dad finally told us that yes our guesses were right. And this is truly where I start.


Manthania was found walking all alone and was brought to the "O" somtime after that. She is so adorable. I love her so so much!!! I looked at pictures of her and all the other kids at the "O" and without every meeting them they became a part of me. I learned all the kids names and whether or not the had a forever family. I knew then that the love for these children was something that was given to me by God. But for the next few months I put it off and didn't think about what God wanted me to do in my future all I did was concentrate on what God wanted me to do right then. Finally though I had to admit it. God loves irony. see as a child the one thing I ask God was to please not ask me to be a missionary. If you know me I am a homebody. God put a string in my heart to help the children in other countries. He wants me to be a part time missionary and he wants me to work with the children. Of course Haiti is on the top of the list of places that I want to go for my missions and Three angels is a wonderful place for me to start. I hope that someday I can go and volunteer there. To be totally honest I am scared out of my mind about this but I know that God will be with me.


Ok now you know all about me and probably more than you really wanted to. This blog is going to be all about my spiritual journeys and will have a lot to do with Manthania and teh adoption. Actually my next blog will be all about that.

You all have probably read Angela, Michelle, and Kristina blogs and there you find a mothers perspective.

Here you will find the views of a sister, its a different view but I hope that my future posts will enlighten you and show you a better look into my everyday life.


Love in Christ,


Bethany






3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey girl! What a perfect "start"!!! I can't wait to be with you in Haiti and see you with your little sister and all the kids!!

Love ya!!

Kristina said...

Ahem!....You mom went to Haiti to be a support to me???And what about some love for your aunt????
LOL (Lots of Laughs!)
You know I love ya!
I am overjoyed that you get to go to Haiti! And I am excited to have a sisters view on everything!

Angela said...

What a beautiful story Bethany!!! I am so excited to keep up with your spiritual journey and what God is going to teach you. I can't wait for you to go to Haiti to meet your little sister. I know God has big plans for your life and I can't wait to see it unfold. You are an awesome woman of God. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Have a blast in Haiti!!!