Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The month in recap!





Since I can remember my best friends name was April. Our mothers were friends and so it was destined that we too would be best friends. We have been there for each other through the tough times but also through the fun times. We have been friends for so long and are families are so close you might as well consider as sisters. That is what she is to me, my sister, the person I share everything with. For everything we have in common, there is one thing that has always made us closer and that is our faith in God. God blessed April with finding a wonderful guy named Brooks. Well in July Brooks proposed, so for the last three months we have been planning and putting together the wedding of a lifetime. Last friday night on October 26, 2007 at seven o'clock my best friend got married. I am so so so happy for her. I do have to tell you that it was a very strange thing signing the marriage license, knowing that my best friend has a new best friend, her husband. But as I had realized before hand I didn't loose my best friend, I gained a new friend. Brooks is a good guy and is always fun to have around. April, I am so glad that God provided you with a great guy, a guy who not only loves you but loves God. I pray that God provides me with a guy that loves me as much as Brooks loves you and who also loves God. Congrats again and I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And now back to everything that happened before the wedding. I went to Haiti, my forth trip. And as with every trip I loved every single minute of it. I got to see Steven and Belle see their Mom again. I got to see my Mom with her children for the first time. I got to love on the children who hold most of my heart. I also got to experience Mother Theresa's hospital and orphanage. God opened my eyes that day for sure. Everytime I am there I fall more in love. In love with the Country, the orphanage, the nannies, the workers, the boys at St. Joe, with God. My everyday is filled ith thought of how and when I can go back "home", to the place that is my life. I have only been away from there for a few weeks but it seems so much longer. I long to be back, I long for the children to yell Bet-tany. I long for them to want to sit on my lap, I long for them to fill the emptiness when I hold out my arms. I long for thier kisses and thier smiles. I long for hearing them sing. I long to talk to Angela again, I long to try and talk to the nannies. I long for Haiti.

There you go Megan I have finally posted. I am so glad you all haven't given up on me. I promise I will post some more pictures from my trip soon!

3 comments:

megan haug said...

yippee for weddings!! yippee for haiti!! yippee for new posts!! it DOES feel like its been more than just a few weeks since we were in Haiti. if 3 weeks feels this long...how long does 5 months feel? i don't know if can wait till march to go back!

and yes, pictures...i wanna see your pictures!!

Kathy Eden said...

You're an amazing person & friend. I know that April is very blessed to call you friend.
Haiti is blessed to have such a God filled young woman fall in love with their country. May God bless you for your loving, servants heart.

Angela said...

Wow...wasn't expecting a new post. You totally shocked me. :) It was great to be in Haiti with you Bethany. I know you love those kids. Can't wait to see pictures.