Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rays of Light


Homesickness... it is the only way I know how to describe what I feel. A longing that reaches down to my very soul. A longing to just be there. To hold on to each one. To play kids games, to be taught by a little girl. To simply laugh and love with all the Gad has given me. To do the Lord's work. To dance. To get peed on. hear your name called over and over just so you will turn around. Some days I just don't know what to do with myself. I go through my day and do what I am supposed to but deep inside I feel like part of me is gone. My heart is not fully complete because a piece of it is not here with me. It belongs to the children of Haiti.
Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
This verse right now is the verse I think of often. God is so good and I know that his will is going to fullfilled but it is so hard to wait. He gives me so much.
He gives rays of sunshine.
He provides me with pictures of home, they are on my wll so I can see them when I wake up in the morning.
He has provided me with a job that in turn gives me money to fund my trips. Right now Feb.22 seems so far away, though I cannot wait to be back.
He gives me scriptures and he is there to hold me when I want to just cry and cry and cry.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I understand completely!

megan haug said...

can't wait to be back there again w/ you!!!

Sarah and Tim said...

happy to hear that you are going back!!! Give my boy some lovin' for me...

Angela said...

I know this is so hard on you. I'm excited to hear you are going back soon though. Continuing to pray that you would delight yourself in the Lord and that He would give you the desires of your heart!!!

angela said...

i think we're all there with you! be thankful you get to go back!! when you delight in Him, well then, HE becomes your delight! that's awesome! He is enough for us.
have a wonderful time down there. love on them all for you-you, please!!

Kathy Eden said...

Ditto to what Angela said. I'm so glad you get to go in Febuary!!!

Kristina said...

I know it has been hard. But I want you to know I am so proud of you!

i look forward to your going back too, because I know my kids will get loved on by a family member.

i lost track a long time ago of how many times Jesus has held me while I cried my eyes out.