Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pou Mama Cathy!


So today is of course Mother's Day and my Mom is again celebrating it without all her children. I am included in that because I am currently in Yorktown with my God-Family.
Mom,
I love you more than you will ever now. I am so glad that God called you and Dad to adopt Matu and Nicot. This is not only becuase it lead to me being called to be a missionary to Haiti but it also lead me to take a year off of school. The last year of my life I have learned so much. One of the best things I learned is that you can be one of my best friends. At times when I am at my lowest point you are there to help, cry with, and to pray with me and for me. You have taught me to listen for God and the importance of drawing closer to him everyday. I am so so glad that God's plan was for me to be your daughter. I don't know what I would do without you. I am so looking forward to the day when God tells me that its my turn to go to Haiti and fullfill his call on my life. But I know that especially after this past year that when that day comes I will also be sad because my mom won't be there with me.
I am praying along with Matu that we will get to be a family soon! I love you so so so much.
Bethany

3 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

What a wonderful post to your mother! She is an amazing person...love you Cathy!

CG said...

Wow. What a beautiful post in honor of your blessed mother, and it is glorifying to God as well. Sweet!

Angela said...

Happy Mother's Day Cathy. You are an amazing mother!!! :)