Thursday, July 17, 2008

Trips and Proposals

I got back from my 6th trip to Haiti last night. Like all my other trips it was one of the best times in my life. I got to know the gets even better this week and I miss them already. I don't have any pictures loaded into my computer yet but I will post as soon as I do.

On the way there my flights got all messed up and I had to fly in later than the team but was so so blessed to get to meet up with Mia, Hope and Michelle. It was great to see them on thier way home. Then the week started. I meet some amazing people who had so much love for the kids at Angel House. I got to learn new things about my siblings. I grew closer to God. We had a birthday party. I got to experience a haitian beach. I got to see Steven and Belle. I even got proposed to. I'm not kidding either. Though this was a proposal that was unexpected and not by someone i was in love with. The man sitting by me one the plane from Port -Au-Prince to Fort Lauderdale proposed marriage to me like three times. It was so funny but extremely akward, I mean I was stuck there was no way I could walk away I had to sit there. That is sure one flight I will never forget.

All in all it was a great week. I loved it and will always treasure my time in Haiti. I will post again as soon as I get mmy pictures loaded.

11 comments:

CG said...

sounds like a fun trip- especially that flight! can't wait to see photos!

Sarah and Tim said...

Wow a proposal? Did you get his number? Was he cute? OK OK, just asking...

C said...

It's great to know you had a great time. So... I take it you won't need Todd to take pics for the wedding. haha (seriously, what an awkward flight LOL)

Kristina said...

a proposal???? Gee who knew all you had to do was take a flight from Haiti?

LOL (major cackle here)


I'm so glad to hear you had an amazing trip! I so enjoy the glow on your face after each trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kathy Eden said...

Does he have money? :o) You know I'm just kidding! Can't wait to hear the details about that story!
I'm so glad you had a great trip! Looking forward to your pictures & stories!

Kerry said...

it was really great meeting you. Please keep in touch I really want to see Matu and Nico grow.

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. Sounds like it was definitely not a dull flight.

angela said...

that happened to me in a tap tap going up to fermanthe. i understand that trapped feeling. and i was the only white person for miles . . .

i am glad you had a great week! thank you so much for the gift you brought to me. i surely cried.

livingpurereligion said...

Hey Bethany! It was so much fun getting to know you and hanging out with you, Matu and Nicot! I'll never forget Nicot and Kervens playing in the rain buck naked:)

Glad to hear you made it back safely:) When I read your blog title I honestly thought that perhaps John had sprung the question on you right as we were leaving:)

Hope to travel with you again soon!

Elisabeth said...

I'm glad you had a good time!!

I can't wait to hear more!!

megan haug said...

waiting for the pictures...

:)