Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Manthania and Mom

Ok Sorry Mom if you don't like this picture but I do so I took the liberty of putting it on my blog

I like this picture because it is of my mom and my little sister. And if you haven't already guessed I am going to tell you all about my mom. First of all most kids will tell you that there mom has always been there for them. My mom was there even when I didn't want her. Just like most teenagers I went through the stage where I didn't want my mom to be anywhere I was and I argued with her all the time. My Sophmore year in high school the Jazz band that I was a part of took a trip to New Orleans. Inorder for me to let mom go she had to tell me that Mr.Barnett ask her to go, really she just wanted to go with me.

Anyway I really want to tell you about something else and that is how great my mom's love for God is. See when my mom went to Haiti in June she hadn't yet heard God's call to adopt Manthania and so that means my mom has yet to see and hold Manthania knowing that she is her mother. And yet my mom let me go instead of her in December. And she is letting me go again in 23 days knowing that God has laid Haiti and Three Angels on my heart. Yet she still isn't going and for now she is happy knowing that she is going in April. My mother is full of God and I am glad that she listens to him for direction, if she hadn't I may have not had the oppurtunity to go in Decmber. I hope that one day I can be just like her.

Thank you God for putting a wonderful example in front of me and thank you for being with my Mom and comforting her when she misses my sister. I hope that I can serve you with all the stregth that she does. Please God bless her and keep her strong when she doesn't think she can be. And as always bless Manthania and the other 29 kids that are with her, keep them safe and healthy. I Love you!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

She is an amazing woman!! I enjoy having her as a friend and seeing her strength and trust is very encouraging. You are blessed to have her!!

Kristina said...

I think all us mom's hope our children get all we did some day. I praise God that you see your mom as HE intended you to.
I have grown to love your mom dearly. I am sooooo glad God called her and your dad to adopt!
Thanks for sharing!

cathy.troy said...

Wow! What a boost of encouragement. Bethany you are growing in your faith everyday and that is awesome to watch! I am glad God gave me you as a daughter.
Love Mom

cathy.troy said...

It is very hard waiting to go see her and hold her as my daughter, but as I pray I know this is God's time for you to go and my time is coming. (In April, I hope) I am so proud of you!!! Love Mom

Angela said...

Wow, Cathy!!! I hope I can be like you when I grow up. You are an amazing woman and I am so blessed to know you. It's always cool to see how your love has impacted your kids. All your kids are wonderful!!

Bethany's post reminded me of Proverbs 31:28 - Her children arise and call her blessed...

Thanks for setting a great example to follow!

Kristina said...

Angela, I'll second that!