Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Silence

Aren't these children the cutest things you have ever seen?So right now I should be writing a proposal for a paper I have to write in the future. But I find that I just cannot decide on a topic so instead I am sitting here writing this while talking on AIM to some friends and listening to my iTunes. I am getting so much done. I haven't ever written a formal propsal for a paper before and this paper is not a good one to start with. Truthfully I just want to get it done with so I can be one step closer to getting everything done so I can spend an entire week with the 30 kids I love more than anything in the world. I cannot wait to be there Friday can not come soon enough. I have so much I want to do next week, I don't think it will possible to do it all. I cannot wait to be with these kids and to hold and play with them. I am so greatful that God has showed me a love like I have for them and showed me that there is a plan for my future if I just follow him. Even though his plan may not happen in my timing it will happen when it needs to and Haiti and I will collide for a lot longer than a week. I love how God works its so crazy. I love the words to this song so I thought I would share.
God doesn't always call the equipped but
He will equip the called
He know everything that we need to make sense of it all
He'll work through our weakness
If we depend upon the Lord because
If he says to do it we will have his full support

I just love the words right there because they are true. We all have doubts about whether or not we are making the right decisions at time but I know that if I am doing what I believe God wants than he will help me through everything.

Please pray for me and the people who are traveling with me on this trip. I do have to tell you the reason why I titled this Silence. It isn't because for the next week there will be no silence it is because I have being trying to practice silence. I want to be able to just sit back and watch what God is doing and hear what he is saying. Silence before the storm, is what I like to think about my life. I need to enjoy all the silence and peace that God can give me so when storms come I can better handle them and know I can depend on him. So next week that will be the continuation on the silence a.k.a. the peace and happiness that I have before I come back here to the United States and have to get back to living life and going to school.

Haiti though not silent is my silence.



3 comments:

Angela said...

I love reading your thoughts. God is doing some amazing things in your life. I wish I would have been open to him as you have been at age 18.

Michelle said...

Bethany you are awesome!! I'm so excited for you. I'm so happy you get to go back and I, too, believe you and Haiti with collide for longer than a week. Like you said, in His timing. Love ya!!

Kristina said...

Gosh, between you and Carsen I am in tears!

What a priviledge it is to call you my neice. And the fact that I have a front row seat to watch God's will for your life unfold. Amazing!