Saturday, January 6, 2007

Katie!!!!!!!!!!!


About four years ago I met this girl named Katie Friedman. When I met her she was really quiet and to tell you the truth we really didn't talk alot the first year we knew each other. My junior year changed that. See Katie and I were both invloved in the Swid District Impact team so really we only saw each other about once a month. My entire life I have been friends with Matt Upshaw and junior was a year that we were really good friends. The two of us did everything together and Impact was just one of them. At Impact Matt and I would hang out with Sondra Lynn, Phill Warren, and John Chambers, along with John came his girlfriend Katie. So the six of looked forward to our once a month visits more than anything. Durning junior year Katie and I became pretty close and I found out that she wanted to be a missionary. At that point in time I had no idea what I wanted to do with me life but still at that point missionary was not on my mind. I was still stuck more worried about the drama of high school. Senior year was just another year I get to spend waiting for the once a month trio to impact where Igot to spend time talking to Katie. There is no other way to put it other than she amazes me. On the three years that we have been good friends she has helped me more than anyone I know. I feel like the people I meet on Impact and especially her are the easiest to turn to and I often turn to them before my friends around here because of the bond that God created between us.
Late October or Early November was the last time I talked to Katie, it seems like we are real good friends right? But if you knew the two of us you know that how we work and that the next time we talk it for like 5 hours and then we have to talk again the next week for even longer. But this time we couldn't talk that long for other reasons. Before I went to Haiti all my thoughts were on getting to Haiti with all the stuff people had given to my family. Then I was in Haiti not the best time for 5 hour conversations on the phone, actually its not the best place for communication at all. When I got back I was so busy and once again was thinking of Haiti. On top of that Christmas came and then two days after christmas Katie left for Africa and she doesn't get back until the 13th of January. But I can't wait to get to hear about Africa and tell her all about Haiti. We share a special bond that lasts even if we don't see each other every day or even once a month. I know that if I ever need anyone that she will be there. I also know that God put her here as my friend for another reason. Everytime I am worried about the whole missionary thing she is there. She knows what I am feeling and always asures me that God is not going to test me more than I could bear and he isn't going to give me a call that I can't handle. Anyway I love you Katie and thanks for everthing you have done for me. I hope that Africa was amazing and I can't wait until you are home!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's great God gave you this friend to share things with. He knew all along what you would need!!