Monday, December 18, 2006

My Haiti Adventure

Matu, me and the cup


Steven and his shirt from Papa Shawn
My little buddy Jefferson or Zeff if you ask Noah!





Jonas and the serious look that you hardly ever see!


Nata and Fritz with Mama Laura and Papa Tom how cute all we need is Max and Zoe and that would make the family.







Ben and Bryce (Shaw) the cutest brothers ever!!!



You-You and I what else can I say except I love her.










Bethany and Bethany for some reason everyone thought this was so funny?





Angela wearing ribbons from her Mama!










Matu loved wearing Papa's sun glasses!






Nata, Fritz and I at wings of hope.










Angela spent one morning doing my hair she even put the ribbons her Mama gave her in my hair. This picture was of me and ,y hairstylist. Isn't my hair lovely?








Babaldo and I. Haha!!!
As you can see my trip went wonderfully. It was so amazing, I wish I could share all my pictures with you but there just isn't enough space. These children are amazing and even though I am at home my heart is in Haiti and I long to be back there. Playing with Matu, singing wityh LourdesMia, spinning tops with Bethany, holding Jefferson, watching Steven play the piano, seeing Jonas run in and out of you-you's room, and just knowing that everyday would be spent with these amazing children. Being back has been so hard and I often find my self crying and wanting to walk into the front door of the "O" and hear the children call out my name. Seeing Matu was so wonderful playing with her and hearing her laugh and say my name. I got to teach her who her Mama is and see her point at the picture as she learned. I just got to know her and her personality and I know now who perfect she is for my family. Not to mention how much she loved her Papa. IT was wonderful to see her giving him kisses and him holding her as she fell asleep at night. I have so much to share and tell you all. There will be much more to come but I wanted to give you just a little taste of my first Haiti experience. This is not the last trip either!!!
Love in Christ, Bethany




































6 comments:

Angela said...

Great pictures Bethany!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your video.

Kristina said...

Awesome!!! God is good! I'm so glad you got experience this. Haiti and the O has a way of getting under your skin and into your heart!
GREAT picture of JoJo! thanks. I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Todd said...

I am proud of you Bet-tney. You are truly an amazing young lady with a beautiful heart. I am blessd to have gotten to share this journey with you, and am proud to have you as my niece.

Angela said...

Oh, and by the way...I love your hair. Your new hairstylist is awesome!!!

angela said...

i'm watching "the chronicles of narnia" with the fam. there is a fire blazing away in the fire place and the Christ-mas tree is beautimus. i am wearing my "i love jack" shirt and i think i'm fairly spoiled!

thanks for coming and spending time with me! you are a doll (and i love your parents and two sisters too). i guess i just have to meet the brother someday!

Carsen said...

I love these pictures! I am fairly jealous, I don't have any good pics! Someday, I will get a good one. I hope you are having a wonderful time right now. :)