Saturday, December 30, 2006

Recap of 2006

I love the end of every year for the purpose I get to reflect what I have accoplished. And this year has been full of New experiences.
First of all in May I graduated High school. Yea that was so exciting. Truth be told though I sometimes miss it and the people that I got to see and talk to everyday that are now far away. But I can reflect on the experiences I had and the things I learned while I was in high school and apply them to my future.
In the summer I was head swim coach for a public swim team in Mt. Vernon and that was a lot of fun. It taught more responsiblility and how to work with people that you may not see eye to eye with. Haha, I know i have to get used to it.
Also durning the summer I got to go on IMPACT tour. IMPACT was a distirct choir that I was a part of. It was set up by the Southwest Indiana Nazarene churches. I was a part of it for three years and this years week long tour just added to my memories and the lessons that God has to teach you. I meet some amazing people who I have an awesome bond with only because of God. One girl whom I just love to pieces is Katie Friedmen. She is amazing and has taught me so much. She is currently doing Mission work in Africa and will be there for at least another week. I can not wait until she gets back. She wants to be a missionary, now I know why God made a strong connection between us so long ago. God is always at work on Impact tour. We had about 30 high school kids and three adult ladies on tour, so you can imagine some of the things that went on, lets just say that there was lots of excitment and boys playing with fire. Imagine that!
Not long after tour I went to church camp. Thats always a treat too. Being totally isolated from tv and the outside world for a week. I love everything about it. Just being able to sit under tress and talk to friends who are trying to serve God just like you and to be able to help each other is great. I have a few friends here at home that are christians and that is wonderful but sometimes you just need someone else. Church Camp another amazing week.
Then there was the day in July mom told me that we were adopting Manthania. By this point me and Alyssa had already knew. We had known for a few days. I also found out that day that Michelle trumps on the list of people to tell. Haha. Though it is the truth Mom told Michelle before she told me. Not that I really care I just wanted to share that with you all.
The day after Thanksgiving marked the day that I had been single for a year. Now I normally would not mention this but because of this some amazing events occured. See Matt (that was my boyfriend) and I dated for about three years. And I got pretty attached to him. I look back on it now and I don't even know how we lasted for three years. But because we broke up I started to focus more on myself and my spiritual life. I mean I always did my devotions and I felt like I was getting stuff out of them but at the same time I did a really bad job at listening to God and what he wanted to tell me. But over the course of this year I felt like I have done do much better. I have been more open to listening. Enoying the quiet and stillness that I didn't before. I feel like this year I have learned so much and that I am closer to God now than ever. So thats what I need a year to focus totally on me and God. To make sure that he was first and formost in my life. I needed this year to get everything squared away and to realize that God has a bigger plan for me than I did. He is so amazing!
Along with that I also made my first Trip to Haiti. Which as I have told you all before was amazing. It really has me captivated. I can not wait to be back there in one month and 2 days. WOW I can't even believe it. Its so wierd to think that I will be going back so soon. But I am so glad that God has put this love in my heart and has helped me find a way to go back to the children that I love so much.
So that was the year of 2006 in the life of Bethany. Of course that was the short version. I have so much else that happened but I don't want to bore you all too much, haha. If you read this far I am sorry it wasn't shorter. Writing this much was not the intent when I started. Actually I was hoping to be asleep by now but sometimes when I start talking or writing in this cause it hard to get me to stop. But I am not closing with this note.
I LOVE YOU and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope this past year was great and the 2007 will be even better!
O.K. I lied I forgot one thing my New Years resolution, (which I normally don't make because I am not good at keeping them) To get closer to God live my life to the fullest possible measure. OK now I am finished.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Great post! What an amazing year you have had. Can't wait to see what 2007 holds.

Michelle said...

That's great Bethany! I'm praying for you to have a better than ever 2007!!